Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jordan is Married


My beautiful daughter is married. Wow! That just does not seem real. Jordan Dawn Benton. It sends me back 20 years, I was holding her and thanking God for this precious little girl that I waited 7 long years for. I remember looking at her thinking, I love you so much. I felt the most wonderful love sweep over me and God said, "I love you more than that." Is God AWESOME or what? What great memories I have of Jordan. Then my mind rushes forward about 17 years when she wants to go into Go Ministries in MN. I told God, "I don't think I can let her go." Boy did I get a shaking. He very lovingly yet sternly said, "She is not yours to let go of. I placed her in your life to raise to serve me." Then about a year later on her 18th birthday, I was feeling misty because she was now (according to the worlds system) a woman on her own. Again God said, "She is not on her own. You have raised her to know me. Now, I take over." Boy did He ever. She is an awesome woman of God. And He has placed a man in her life that loves Him as much as she does. He has placed His love in their hearts for one another. I am anxious and excited to see where God is going to take them on their journey to the center of His will. It is such a joy to give birth to a baby and watch it grow and become the Godly person you hoped. But I never imagined the treasure of watching her grow and become the person God planned for her to be. I love Jordan and I love my new son in love, Joel.

1 comment:

keith and rose said...

Wonderful. I am so excited for them. Its so hard to watch the first one get married. And no matter how old they get you still look at them as your baby.